When business casual Friday first appeared on the scene, women everywhere rejoiced. Work seemed less like work when they could leave the business suit hanging in the closet and choose clothes that were more comfortable, less restrictive and more fun. Along with greater choice came some confusion, however, as sometimes employees and employers have different ideas about what’s appropriate to wear to the office on casual days. A guide to business casual dress for women might differ from one workplace to the next, but there are a few basic rules that make choosing what to wear to work a little easier.
You can leave the suit jacket at home, or keep the jacket but wear it with jeans instead of pants for a more casual look. Button-down blouses are always OK, but casual business wear also permits sweaters and sweater sets, knit shirts and new, solid-color T-shirts. The main rules for tops are don’t display cleavage and don’t wear anything too form-fitting.
Pants and Skirts
Business casual wear allows for more informal pants and skirts than what is normally worn at the workplace. But you shouldn’t show up looking like you’re going to a picnic. Pants should be a good fit, neither too tight nor too relaxed, and solid-colored, preferably in a neutral shade. Skirts should be at least knee-length and shouldn’t ride up too high when you sit. While some offices allow jeans and capris, others do not. Observe those who’ve worked there longer to see what’s considered appropriate, or ask if there is a specific policy.
Shoes and Accessories
Shoes and accessories always add value to an outfit, and business casual wear allows for a little more leeway when choosing those finishing touches. If you normally wear the tiniest of earrings, casual Friday might be the day to break out the big hoops or dangly earrings. You could switch out the serious shoes for sandals, the plain chains for a (slightly) flashier necklace. Accessories should never be as extreme as what you might wear to a party or club, though.
In most workplaces, certain clothes and looks are never OK. Flip-flops, faded T-shirts or shirts with risqué phrases, sleeveless shirts, sweat shirts, short shorts and jeans with holes are rarely considered appropriate for the workplace. The best thing to do is to be aware of the culture of your particular workplace, though, as ideas about business casual wear vary considerably from one company to the next.
The right clothes help actors to look and feel the part and often help establish their type. Actors can create a different persona, depending on what they’re wearing. An expensive suit will create a different look and quality than jeans and a t-shirt. Uniforms, dressy evening attire, and camping outfits create distinct looks, and you usually feel different when wearing each. The clothes that you wear to auditions can often influence how directors, agency executives, and clients view you, and they can also be a subliminal callback and booking factor. You and your representation work hard to get auditions, so always be prepared with the appropriate wardrobe to visually create the roles.
- Material: Polyester (51%-70%), Viscose(30%-50%) ,Soft and comfortable to wear.
- Features: Open front drape cardigan, Pair Perfectly with Pants,Leggings. perfet for summer and autumn
- Occasions: Daily wear,holiday,travel,party,street wear,etc
- Hand Wash / No Bleach /Line dry
- Size: Please check the size chart in the picture or product description before you buy it ( not Amazon...
- 49%Polyester + 51%Cotton
- * Plain design,Side Slits, crew neck,3/4 sleeve,lightweight,soft and loose.
- * Great casual loose tops shirts for spring,autumn and summer. Soft and comfortable touch.
- * Perfect gifts for your friends and family, thoughtful Valentine's Day Mother's Day Christmas's gift for...
- * Machine and hand dry. Size: Pls choose right size as Tag S= US 0-2, Tag M=US 4, Tag L= US 6, Tag XL= US...
In order to decide what you should wear to an audition, it is important to understand the terminology casting directors use to describe the designated audition wardrobe.
Casual or Home Casual: Clothing worn for relaxing or socializing with friends at home
Upscale Casual: Fashionable yet comfortable party clothing
Outdoors or Camping: Jeans, sweaters, denim, wool shirts and jackets
Formal: Very dressy outfits, i.e., tuxedos, cocktail dresses
Business or Spokes: Business suit or a nice shirt and tie for men and a tailored dress or a suit for women
Trendy (usually for men and women under thirty): Jeans, cool t-shirts, and the latest fads in clothing
Uniforms: Outfits worn by policemen, military officers, doctor, nurses, priests, nuns, pilots, postal workers, etc.
Work Clothes: Clothing associated with an occupation – waitress, trucker, realtor, construction worker, farmer, mechanic, etc.
Sports Outfits: Attire worn by a baseball player, bowler, equestrian, skater, hiker, etc. These terms are often used theatrically when describing wardrobe that is character-specific.
- Patterns – Clothes with vertical lines will usually make the part of the body they’re worn on look thinner. Meanwhile, horizontal stripes will often make that space look wider. Bright, attention grabbing patterns will draw the eye to where they’re worn, so if you’d like to emphasize your bust, a patterned shirt is a good strategy. The converse is also true; dark, solid pieces can de-emphasize certain areas of your body, especially when paired with bright patterns.
- Waist styles – Low-waisted paints can make your body look curvier with a more well-defined waist. Empire waists can help to emphasize your bust.
- Structured tailoring – Clothing with structured tailoring can be used to emphasize and give shape to any part of your body. Boxy outerwear can make your upper body look bulkier, while shoulder pads can specifically make your shoulders appear wider. Pleated trousers can also make legs look thicker.
- Types of hemlines – A-line skirts are great for adding curves and making your bottom half look wider. Straight skirts are also good for doing the latter. Tapered skirts have the opposite effect; wear these when trying to de-emphasize your lower body.
- Fit – In general, baggy clothing will hide definition, while tighter fits will accentuate it.
- 75% Cotton, 20% Polyster, 5% Spandex. Soft and comfortable to wear.
- Standard US size. Please choose size as your normal wear.
- Very stylish. It will look great with some leggings, skinny jeans or a pair of high flat boots.
- Great for fall,winter and spring.Good for many occasions:causal,home,go out,work,etc.
- Hand wash in cold water / Do not bleach / Line dry. It won't shrink after wash and dried.
- Material: cotton and polyester. Super soft, breathable and comfortable.
- Women's pajamas, pajama pants, lounge pants, palazzo pants, with floral printed design.
- Very Comfy pants for sleep, casual, home or going out. Suit for all seasons.
- Size information:Tag S(US 4),Tag M(US 6),Tag L(US 8),Tag XL(US 10) ,Tag XXL(US 12),Tag 3XL(US 14).
- Elastic waist and wide leg. Hand or gentle machine wash in cold water / Do not bleach / Line dry.