Understanding Your Flashlight Choices
The key factors to compare when selecting a flashlight:
- Light output
- Battery type and run time
- Size and weight
Flashlights vary from under $20 to more than $200, yet they might be the same size. Do you know the variations? Brightness may be the greatest one. A pricier light is much more effective because of the utilization of advanced bulb, battery and circuitry technology. A chargeable battery can increase the cost, just like features for example strong impact- and water-resistance, effective heat dissipation, and multiple lighting modes.
Shopping in person? Check out the following:
- So how exactly does the sunshine switch off and on? Can it be unintentionally started up within your pack? Or, if you are planning on doing things in cold weather, how easily would you switch it off or on putting on mitts?
- Will it appear rugged enough (or, on the other hand, light enough) for your requirements?
- So how exactly does it feel inside your hands?
- Is really a tool needed to alter batteries?
Rated using the IPX system. Water resistance is important if using your light in the rain or around bodies of water. Three ratings are used:
The Streamlight 88032 is a great choice for anyone who needs a bright tactical flashlight that’s small enough to keep in a pocket, yet big enough to help in a self-defense or emergency situation.
It combines compact size and the C4 LED technology, giving users in one of the brightest personal carry lights for its size.
This flashlight is crafted from machined aircraft aluminum which makes the build extremely tough and durable. The lens is tempered glass and is o-ring sealed making this flashlight waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes.
The 88032 ProTac 1AA Light has a multi-function mode that provides the maximum light output per mode throughout the battery life of the flashlight. This light is designed for one-handed functionality and changes between high, low and strobe modes with the press of a button on the head of the flashlight.
This easy-to- handle flashlight is designed for durability, made with anodized aluminum and fitted with impact-resistant tempered glass that is sealed on with an O-ring.
It comes with 2 AA alkaline batteries and a nylon holster when purchased, and it is also made with a removable pocket clip that claims to be unbreakable and an anti-roll head. The flashlight is available in black, blue, and pink.
Waterproof at an IPX7 rating for submergence of up to 1 meter for 30 minutes, this flashlight is shock resistant and impact resistant for up to two meters in order to withstand rough handling and conditions if needed.
The product is also serialized for identification purposes and meets all European Community directives that are applicable to it.
The C4 LED used in the flashlight is designed to have a lifetime of 50,000 hours. It has three user programs to control personal preferences of the varying brightness settings – High, Low, and Strobe – and with the highest level, it provides 155 lumens and 53,300 candelas peak beam intensity.
The user programs allow for users to select the settings they wish to have on the flashlight, from being able to switch between all three modes, just between high and low, and to keep it on high only.
This product makes use of solid state power regulation to allow the light to remain at the desired brightness throughout its whole battery life.
It can run for 2 hours on its high brightness setting, 3 on its strobe function, and 36 on the low setting. It has been optimized for one-handed operation and is activated easily with a tactical push-button tailswitch.
Downsides to this product include its lack of wider brightness settings for better versatility and no focus options. Streamlight’s customer service also may make it difficult for users to get refunds or returns on damaged or defective products.
However, in terms of usability, this flashlight holds up well – so if you want a tactical light that is easy to use and performs well, and you will be able to fix potential issues with it on your own, this could work for you!
Powered by 1AA battery, this ProTac light is a top pick for security professionals, outdoor enthusiasts, and for personal safety.
- ◇SUPER BRIGHT & LONG BATTERY LIFE - Ultra wide beam effortlessly illuminates a whole room or backyard....
- ◇ZOOMABLE & 5 MODES - Focus in on objects up to 1000 feet away or zoom out to sweep a large area. 5...
- ◇WATER RESISTANT & DURABLE - Rain and snow will roll right off the all-weather aluminum body. Designed...
- ◇COMPACT DESIGN - 5.4 inches L × 1.6 inches width. Our flashlight is small enough to fit in your...
- ◇100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - We want our clients to be happy, so just in case you feel disappointed...