Why keep a blood pressure journal?
One bloodstream pressure measurement is sort of a snapshot. It just informs what your bloodstream pressure is at that time. An eye on readings absorbed time supplies a “time-lapse” picture of the bloodstream pressure to help you work with your personal doctor to make sure that your treatments to reduce high bloodstream pressure (HBP or hypertension) will work.
The American Heart Association recommends home monitoring for those individuals with high bloodstream pressure to assist the doctor see whether remedies are working. Home monitoring (self-measured bloodstream pressure) isn’t a replacement for regular appointments with your personal doctor. If you’ve been medication to reduce your bloodstream pressure, don’t quit taking your medication without talking to your physician, even when your bloodstream pressure readings have been in the standard range during home monitoring.
Choosing a home blood pressure monitor
The American Heart Association recommends a computerized, cuff-style, bicep (upper-arm) monitor.
- Wrist and finger monitors aren’t suggested simply because they yield less reliable readings.
- Select a monitor that’s been validated. If you’re unsure, ask your physician or pharmacist for advice.
- When choosing a bloodstream pressure monitor for any senior, pregnant lady or child, make certain it’s validated of these conditions.
- Make certain the cuff fits – measure around your upper arm and select a monitor that is included with the right size cuff.
Once you’ve purchased your monitor, bring it to your next appointment
Have your physician determine that you’re utilizing it properly and becoming the same results because of the equipment within the office. Intend to take the monitor in annually to make certain the readings are accurate.
How to use a home blood pressure monitor
- Be still.
Don’t smoke, drink caffeinated beverages or exercise within half an hour before calculating your bloodstream pressure.
- Sit properly.
Sit together with your back straight and supported (on the dining chair, as opposed to a sofa). Your ft ought to be flat on the ground as well as your legs shouldn’t be entered. Your arm ought to be supported on the flat working surface (like a table) using the upper arm in mind level. Make certain the center of the cuff is positioned directly over the eye from the elbow. Look at your monitor’s instructions to have an illustration and have your doctor demonstrate how.
- Measure at the same time every day.
You need to go ahead and take readings simultaneously every day, for example, evening and morning, or as the doctor recommends.
- Take multiple readings and record the results.
Every time you measure, take 2 or 3 readings about a minute apart and record the outcomes utilizing a printable or online tracker. In case your monitor has generated-in memory to store your readings, go along with you for your appointments. Some monitors might also permit you to upload your readings to some secure website once you register your profile.
Know your numbers.
Learn what the numbers in your blood pressure reading mean.
mm Hg (upper #)
mm Hg (lower #)
|Normal||less than 120
||and||less than 80
|Prehypertension||120 – 139
||or||80 – 89
|High Blood Pressure
(Hypertension) Stage 1
|140 – 159
||or||90 – 99
|High Blood Pressure
(Hypertension) Stage 2
|160 or higher||or||100 or higher|
(Emergency care needed)
|Higher than 180
||or||Higher than 110
- CLINICALLY ACCURATE AND RELIABLE - FDA Approved, 20 years clinical experience with own designed...
- LESS THAN 45S RESPONSE - Just one button operation, this bp machine will measure automatically and give...
- 2*90 SETS MEMORIES - This blood pressure cuff will automatically store the latest 90 systolic pressure,...
- WHO BP LEVEL INDICATOR - Blood pressure monitor wrist will tell your bp level is normal higher or...
- CONVENIENT DESIGN - Equipped with portable case and 2pcs AAA alkaline batteries, same size and innovative...
- Accurate and Professional: 20 years clinical experience with own designed high precision capacitance...
- User friendly: Ergonomic design, one key automatic measurement, cuff inflation and deflation is...
- Up to 2 Users: Take care of the health not only for yourself, but also for the person you mind, 2*90...
- FDA Approved: Cooperate with the Swiss heart doctor Dr. Forster, FDA, CE and RoHS certification, WHO...
- Packet Contents: HYLOGY wrist blood pressure monitor, storage box, user manual, warranty card